Posted 3/16/2020 to USODA
Important Announcement to USODA Membership
In light of the CDC’s recommendation to postpone or cancel all events with 50+ attendees for the next 8 weeks, the USODA Board of Directors and Lakewood Yacht Club have agreed to postpone the 2020 Optimist Team Trials. The USNT Pre-Team Trials Practice is also postponed.
The Board is exploring options and dates to possibly reschedule the event with the current host and if unable will consider other contingency plans to look for a suitable time window for this season to hold Trials. Factors to do this are our regatta schedule, short time frame for running this event and IODA/International regattas likely to be rescheduled. We will continue to update the membership on this still very fluid situation as we get new information and make decisions.
We are sorry for the inconvenience, both logistically and financially, this decision will cause all of our families, partners, volunteers and hosts, but believe it is required to help all of us get to the other side of this situation safely and as quickly as possible.